No matter how good your hard drive is, sooner or later problems may arise with it. Data Recovery Incorrect removal of programs, viruses and harmful applications, wear and tear – all this can lead to a breakdown of the “hard drive” and the appearance of so-called bad sectors (they are also bad blocks) . The latter do not make themselves felt instantly, most likely months will pass before you notice the problem.
For a more understandable definition of a broken sector, it will not be superfluous to understand the design of your hard drive. In general, it consists of rotating magnetic disks, which are divided into tracks, and these same tracks, in turn, are divided into sectors. They contain any information that you copy to your hard drive. Disk sectors have one unpleasant property – they deteriorate over time and you lose access to them. And this process is accelerated by incorrect work with the computer.
Computer freezes when trying to access any files, long copying from one partition to another, errors and reboots of the PC – all this can be the result of a large number of bad blocks on your “screw”. Some of them can be corrected, and some cannot be treated. According to this feature and the nature of the damage, all broken sectors can be divided into two types: physical and logical.
- Physical bads are the result of damage (for example, dropping a laptop or external drive ), dust ingress into the hard drive, and normal wear and tear on equipment. The main thing to understand is that in such cases the magnetic coating of the disks itself is damaged , which can no longer be restored. Even the usual Wikipedia data recovery from such sectors will be a miracle;
- Logical bads, on the other hand, appear under the influence of viruses, file system errors, and incorrect writing of information to the disk (for example, a sudden shutdown of the computer while copying files or other active work). In such cases, it is not the magnetic coating of the sector that is damaged, but its data. Such broken sectors are subject to treatment and can be corrected using a variety of programs in normal home conditions.
Programs for recovering bad sectors of a hard disk :
Microsoft provides a built-in chkdsk utility to work with hard drives. By default, the utility checks only for file system errors, but if you add the /f switch , then chkdsk will check the disk for bad blocks and try to fix them automatically. Of course, there are many third-party alternative solutions for checking the hard drive and fixing bad sectors that can be easily found on the Internet. Let’s talk about the most popular of them in a little more detail:
- Victoria HDD is probably the most popular program for testing hard drives and recovering bad sectors on a hard drive. It can be used not only for treatment, but also for equipment testing. As the developers themselves note, when interacting with the hard drive, it ignores the file system and works at the level of I / O ports. This property provides the most efficient and high-quality work. In addition, there are two versions of the program, one of which works directly from under Windows, and the other from under DOS. The latter is more versatile, but is also recommended for advanced users.
- MHDD is another popular program that works with equipment through controller ports. It also has two versions (Windows and DOS), both of which are completely free. It has a very fast speed of work, which does not affect its quality in any way. In addition, it gives complete statistics on your device: the number of on and off cycles, the number of spindle revolutions, etc. The unfriendly interface of the program can be considered a minus, which will become a problem for inexperienced users.
- HDD Regenerator is a unique program that, according to the developers, can even restore physical damage. The point is that often physically damaged sectors have the wrong magnetization, which this program eliminates. The rest of the set of characteristics and capabilities is similar to the above utilities.
View More : https://fotoventasdigital.com/